Alzheimer’s Family Center (AFC) will be hosting its next Healthy Brain Expo at Laguna Woods Village in South Orange County. This collaboration allows AFC to promote healthy brain aging in the southern end of Orange County.
The Healthy Brain Expo was originally created to raise awareness about memory loss and the importance of getting screened for it often. The first two Healthy Brain Expos attracted over 500 attendees, with nearly one third of attendees participating in free memory checkups.
Scheduled events include:
- Free memory checkups, a useful tool that helps gauge whether memory concerns are due to normal aging or warrant an additional evaluation.
- Keynote presentations from notable medical professionals, in the industry:
- Overmedication in Seniors, William Liu, Consulting Pharmacist
- From Superfoods to Supplements Nasira Burkholder- Cooley, DRPH RDN, CPT, Fashion Isle Smiles,
- I’ve Got a Diagnosis: Now What, Dr. Cheryl Alvarez, Psy.D., The Mind & Memory Program at Mission Hospital
- Virtual Dementia Tour®. For 10 minutes, participants will experience firsthand the realities of living with dementia while facing the effects of trying to perform everyday activities.
The event will also include exhibitors, raffles, and other surprises.
Event date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
Event hours: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Event cost: Free Admission
Clubhouse 7 at Laguna Woods Village
24111 Moulton Pkwy
Laguna Woods, CA 92637
For more information about Laguna Woods’ Healthy Brain Expo, please contact Yasmin Kleinbart at (714) 593-1848 or email@example.com.