of a Loved One with Dementia
Care for Caregivers
- Do you feel overwhelmed with the demands of caregiving?
- Do you feel like you have lost your loved one to dementia?
- Are you experiencing conflict with your loved one or other family members?
- Have you withdrawn from normal activities because of caregiving?
- Do you feel sad, hopeless or frustrated?
- Do you feel like you are in a constant state of crisis?
- Are you or your loved one having a difficult time adjusting to a personal loss or a diagnosis of dementia?
Please know you are not alone.
We understand the struggles that come with caring for a loved one with dementia. Our licensed family counselors specialize in helping caregivers manage the demands and emotional aspects of caregiving.
What to expect
When you call Alzheimer’s Family Center at (714) 593-9630 for caregiver counseling, you will be connected to a licensed therapist who will provide you with a brief phone consultation, and will schedule you for an initial visit. At that time, you will have an opportunity to discuss your issues and concerns in a safe, secure environment. Together, you and your therapist will determine your goals for therapy.
Each session will last 50 minutes.
Benefits of Counseling
- Develop tools to handle stress, frustration, and anger.
- Free yourself from emotional pain and destructive habits.
- Get support and understanding for your role as a caregiver.
- Overcome sadness, grief, and guilt.
- Work through conflict.
- Improve your health and mental and emotional well-being.
Coverage & Affordability
Alzheimer’s Family Center has received generous grant funding from Archstone Foundation to provide free counseling services for caregivers caring for an adult with a cognitive impairment. We are also a Medicare provider and are contracted with several insurance providers and the VA to offer or extend services to caregivers beyond what grant funding will cover. Out of pocket and scholarship options are available as well.
Your therapist can discuss all funding options with you at your initial phone consultation.
Our organization follows all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements in regards to medical records and confidentiality. If you have any questions please feel free to ask the therapist in your phone consultation. You will be given a written explanation of confidentiality in your first session.
Schedule your first Counseling session today. Call us now at (714) 593-9630.
Caregiver Stress Checklist
Am I easily agitated with others or cry over little problems?
Have I given up hobbies or activities I have enjoyed for years?
Am I having difficulty laughing or having fun?
Am I turning down most invitations to be with others?
Am I feeling depressed about my situation?
Am I developing stress related problems such as back pain, headaches, or chronic fatigue ?
Am I feeling trapped by all the responsibilities?
If you are experiencing any of these signs, please call (714) 593-9630.