In celebration of both National Family Caregivers Month and Thanksgiving later this…
1. How did you become a chef?
My mom taught me how to cook since I was young making basic breakfast items and as I grew up I began to learn more and more. I staged at a hotel while I was in high school and I realized I could cook for the rest of my life.
2. Why did you accept to participate in Chef Masters?
I think it’s important to give back to the community and being new to the area this event seemed a good fit.
3. What is your favorite kitchen memory?
Working in hotels and working with an amazing array of talented chefs.
4. What is your favorite dish to cook?
Peruvian Causa because it’s simple, balanced and delicious.
5. Do you have a personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia?
Yes, that’s why Chef Masters is important to me.
For more information on the Chef Masters event, please visit www.chefmasters.org.
Photo credits: Bob Hodson, Tony Lattimore, and Jen Engleman.