your loved one active, healthy and safe.
When someone you love has increasing dementia symptoms, it’s reassuring to lean on a family friend like Alzheimer’s Family Center. We’ve been a friend and confidant to thousands of dementia patients.
Our Friendship Club’s specialized track of dementia adult day care facility programming is designed to provide cognitive stimulation, therapeutic benefits, fall prevention, medical benefits and general safety for persons in the mild-to-late stages of dementia. All patients in this program receive individualized assessment and care planning. Medical oversight is provided by our Medical Director, Dr. Teryn Clarke, MD, a board-certified neurologist affiliated with Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian.
Friendship Club program services are available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese. (Many other languages are available if needed.) Transportation is available to and from Alzheimer’s Family Center throughout Orange County and surrounding areas.
Benefits and details.
- Transportation provided
- A variety of scholarships available
- Fees covered by CalOptima, SCAN, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Basic First Aid
- Medication administration, monitoring
- Coordination with primary physician
- Medical referrals
- Case management
- Appropriate activities assessment
- Individualized education on stages of dementia
- Early-stage support group led by Masters level clinician
- Personal assistance geared toward patient needs
- Incontinence care
- The Friendship Club collaborates with each patient’s physician to ensure optimal care.
- Planned schedule of independent and group activities
- Balanced meals meeting nutritional standards for older adults
- Nutritional guidance for special diets, maintaining healthy weight.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Consultation with licensed psychiatrist, psychologist or licensed clinical social worker
- Individual, couples and family counseling services*
- Oversight by medical director and pharmacist
- One staff member for every five patients ensures the level of care required by people with dementia.
- Individual plan of care is updated every six months
- Transportation coordination services
*Additional fees apply. Scholarships available.
Visit Alzheimer’s Family Center.
Explore our cheerful, serene and warm environment on an in-person tour.
Schedule a home visit.
An experienced, professional social worker will visit your home to gather a thorough history, determine care needs, and provide a full range of resources.
You can reach an Admissions Social Worker at (714) 593-1844.