Summer Healthy Brain Fair
Alzheimer’s Family Center (AFC) is holding its Summer Healthy Brain Fair on Saturday, May 19, at the AFC facility. This free event offers local community members the opportunity to learn about maintaining brain health, signs and symptoms of memory loss, and the many local resources available for family caregivers.Scheduled events include:
- Free memory screenings throughout the event using Alzheimer’s Family Center’s new memory screening program. Conducted by memory loss professionals, the screenings are strictly confidential.
- Keynote presentations from notable medical professionals, in the industry (programs will repeat twice): Legal Workshop, Fay Blix, Esq., Elder Law Attorney From Superfoods to Supplements Nasira Cooley, DRPH RDN, CPT, Nutrionist I’ve Got a Diagnosis, Now What?, Dr. Cheryl Alvarez, Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health Overmedication in Seniors, Dr. William Liu, Consulting Pharmacist Active Aging, Patrick Wallis, MSG, Alzheimer’s Family Center
- Silverado’s Virtual Dementia Tour®. For 10 minutes, participants will experience firsthand the realities of living with dementia while facing the effects of trying to perform everyday activities.
- Free first aid kits to the first 150 attendees
- Brain Healthy Lunch offered by Sunflower Gardens
May 19, 2018 8:00 am
May 19, 2018 1:00 pm
Get Feed for iCal (Google Calendar). This is for subscribing to the events in the Calendar. Add this URL to either iCal (Mac) or Google Calendar, or any other calendar that supports iCal Feed.