What is wandering? Wandering is a common behavior for people with dementia…
Hoag Health Ministries, Alzheimer’s Family Center (AFC) and St. Joseph/St. Jude Caregiver Resource Center have collaborated to bring you the 17th annual Spirituality Conference 2020: Vision of Diversity at UCI on Thursday, March 5th, 2020 from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Diversity and spirituality are universal aspects of humanity. This fascinating day is designed for health care professionals, family caregivers, spiritual leaders and clergy to examine various aspects of diversity encountered when caring for the health and spiritual needs of your patients, clients and communities.
Through expert speakers and a panel discussion, participants will learn to:
- Incorporate spirituality in developing leadership skills
- Use inter-generational collaboration strategies to improve loneliness and isolation amongst older adults
- Offer tools for culturally-sensitive health care and discussions about inter-faith perspectives
- Educate patients on healthy lifestyle choices from an integrative medicine perspective
Featured Speakers and Panelists
- Beth Schwartz, MSN, PHN, RN
- Kate Hoepke, MBA
- Jeff Hetschel
- Tahil Sharma
- Elizabeth Johnston Taylor, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Joie Harvey, RN
- Hoda Shawky, MSN, CPNP, PHN
- Gerald C. Rivers
- Wayne Jonas, MD
Registration includes breakfast, lunch and free parking.
Early bird registration of $50 is available now through February 15th. From February 16-29th, registration is $65. Registration will close on February 29th, 2020. Please click here to register online.
The University of California, Irvine – Pacific Ballroom
311 W. Peltason Drive, Irvine, CA 92697
For further information, please contact Susan Johnson at Susan.Johnson2@hoag.org or 949-764-6594.