Alzheimer’s Family Center has expanded its patient-focused technological repertoire with the addition…
Chef Masters Highlight: Andy Arndt
Andy Arndt is the Executive Chef at the Marriott Newport Beach. He will be one of the participating Chefs at the Chef Masters event benefiting Alzheimer’s Family Center on October 27, 2019.
1. How did you become a chef?
I worked in restaurants in High School, then went to Culinary School in the Bay area.
2. Why did you accept to participate in Chef Masters?
It’s a great cause and I thought I could make an impact. I worked with Kristin Martin at “Table for 10” and also was a great event.
3. What is your favorite kitchen memory?
Cooking For Oprah Winfrey and Michael Bloomberg.
4. What is your favorite dish to cook?
I really enjoy fried chicken and corn bread.
5. Do you have a personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia?
Yes, My wife’s mother as well my sister’s father-in-law were both diagnosed.
The 2nd edition of Chef Masters will be held at the Pasea Hotel & Spa on October 27, 2019. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.chefmasters.org.
Photo credits: Bob Hodson, Tony Lattimore, and Jen Engleman.