Hearing a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease creates an emotional and…
Andy Arndt is the Executive Chef at the Marriott Newport Beach. He will be one of the participating Chefs at the Chef Masters event benefiting Alzheimer’s Family Center on October 27, 2019.
1. How did you become a chef?
I worked in restaurants in High School, then went to Culinary School in the Bay area.
2. Why did you accept to participate in Chef Masters?
It’s a great cause and I thought I could make an impact. I worked with Kristin Martin at “Table for 10” and also was a great event.
3. What is your favorite kitchen memory?
Cooking For Oprah Winfrey and Michael Bloomberg.
4. What is your favorite dish to cook?
I really enjoy fried chicken and corn bread.
5. Do you have a personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia?
Yes, My wife’s mother as well my sister’s father-in-law were both diagnosed.
Photo credits: Bob Hodson, Tony Lattimore, and Jen Engleman.