What is wandering? Wandering is a common behavior for people with dementia…
Manfred Lassahn is the Executive Chef of Watertable Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Hungington Beach. He is one of the 31 Chefs who participated in the Chef Masters event benefiting Alzheimer’s Family Center.
1. How did you become a chef?
It was after high school and I moved back to Germany to do a 3-year European culinary apprenticeship.
2. Why did you accept to participate in Chef Masters?
Because I love giving back to the community and helping the less fortunate.
3. What is your favorite kitchen memory?
Memories are made every day and there isn’t one that is better than the other.
4. What is your favorite dish to cook?
I am first generation American and was taught to cook by my mother and great-grandmother, so it’s the obviously my German roots but really the canning and preserving of the seasons to enjoy them in off-season that I like the most.
5. Do you have a personal connection to Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia?
I do not have a personal connection.
Photo credits: Bob Hodson, Tony Lattimore, and Jen Engleman.